The State of Utah and North Ogden City have adopted model codes published by the International Codes Council (ICC).
The current editions of these codes include:
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 Energy Conservation Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2012 International Fire Code.
Design criteria to be considered in North Ogden City are:
- Seismic D or E
- Wind Speed 115 mph
- Exposure C.
- Roof snow load is 30 pounds per square foot in areas up to 5,000 feet in elevation. Roof snow load is 43 pound per square foot in area above the elevation 5,000 feet.
- Footing frost depth is a minimum of 30 inches.
- The weathering condition applicable to North Ogden is considered severe.
All plans for new commercial structures, additions to or structural remodels of commercial buildings, and non-structural remodels over 3,000 square feet in area require a stamp or seal by a State licensed professional.
Does it require a permit?
Most repairs or alterations require a building permit, including remodeling, new additions, re-roofing and siding, electrical remodeling, plumbing replacement, furnace and air conditioning replacement, etc. State law requires that a contractor/owner obtain necessary permits and have required inspections.