Questions and responses to questions presented from Council Member Lynn Satterthwaite to the North Ogden City Candidates for City Council Seats (All 4 candidates voluntarily answered).
Questions for City Council Candidates:1. Please discuss the value you attach to the following places and events in North Ogden: North Shore Aquatic
Center, City Parks, Cherry Days, Chalk Art Festival, AYSO, N.O. Limits Half Marathon, Sr. Citizens Center.
2. The North Ogden Plaza (Kings and Kirt’s Family Drive Inn) has the potential for growth which would benefit
the city economically. Are you in favor of promoting more/better businesses? If you are, how would you
promote the growth?
3. The city purchased Barker Park many years ago. A large part of the park remains undeveloped. What would
you do with the undeveloped land. If there is a cost involved to implement your plan, how would you pay for it.
4. Employee costs are rising each year. How do you plan to deal with this issue?
5. The city does not have adequate funding to repair, replace and maintain city assets including water, sewer
and storm drain lines, water meter equipment, vehicles and buildings. How will you deal with this issue?
6. What would you like to accomplish while serving on the city council?
7. What are the issues that you think need to be addressed in the city?
8. How have you already been volunteering or serving in the city?
9. If you are not elected, what would you do to try to help work on ideas or issues that are important to you?