NORTH OGDEN JUSTICE COURT
515 E 2600 N
NORTH OGDEN, UT 84414
PHONE: 801-737-2203 FAX: 801-782-6958
BUSINESS OFFICE HOURS M 10:00 am – 2:15 pm / T - F 8:00 am– 5:00 pm
OPEN COURT is held on MONDAYS with sessions at 2:30 pm and 4:00 pm,
Small Claims filings are not accepted on Mondays.
Honorable Patrick E. Lambert, Judge
Judge Patrick E. Lambert is currently the Justice Court Judge for North Ogden, Pleasant View, Farr West, Uintah/Huntsville, and Washington Terrace/Marriott-Slaterville Courts. He was appointed to the bench in July 1982.
- Please verify your fine amount with the court clerk prior to paying
- Credit card payments (Visa or MasterCard) are accepted until 4:45 pm daily
- In person – cash, check, debit, credit (no fee assessed on credit/debit cards)
- Personal and business checks are NOT accepted on Warrants.
You may be a candidate for North Ogden Traffic School and qualify to have your citation dismissed. To qualify for traffic school, the citation you received must be for a minor traffic offense such as:
Speeding- 20 MPH or under.
Stop Sign Violation, Red Light Violation, Improper Turn, or other minor moving violations.
Note: Moving violations involving a traffic accident do not qualify for traffic school.
You may apply for traffic school if you meet each of the guidelines:
1. You have not attended traffic school in North Ogden in the last 3 years.
2. You have no more than 1 other citation for a moving violation within the last 3 yrs.
3. You have a valid driver license at the time of the violation.
4. CDL drivers do NOT qualify for traffic school.
If you meet the traffic school qualifications, you can sign up in the Court Business Office Tuesday – Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm OR appear in Court on a Monday at 2:30 pm or 4:00 pm. If approved for traffic school, you will be scheduled to attend a 2-hour class, normally held on a Thursday night or a Saturday morning. You will also be required to pay a traffic school fee of $45 in addition to your citation fee. For questions about traffic school, you may contact the court clerk at 801-737-2203.
NO PROOF OF INSURANCE:
Requirements for No Proof of Insurance Dismissal:
Note: The Court does NOT accept the insurance identification cards normally kept in the vehicle.
- If you have been cited for No Insurance as opposed to No Proof of Insurance, a court appearance is required.
- If you were cited while driving a work vehicle, the Court will require a letter from your employer on company letterhead stating that you had permission to drive said vehicle on the date of citation in addition to the proof of insurance.
- If you were cited for No Proof of Insurance, please submit a letter from your insurance company with the following:
- Letter on company letterhead
- Vehicle details
- Narrative which includes proof of coverage for date/time of citation
- Physical signature of agent or company representative
Small Claims filing http://www.utcourts.gov/howto/smallclaims/
More information regarding your driver license or the Utah Driver Point System may be found at http://publicsafety.utah.gov/dld/ or by calling 801-965-4437 / toll free 888-353-4224.